Wine Tasting Leeds, York, Sheffield and Harrogate at Yorkshire Wine School
A very warm welcome to Yorkshire Wine School. We are a local, independent wine education company which specialises in hosting wine tastings and wine courses in Leeds, York, Harrogate and now also our venue in Sheffield. Our courses are open to everyone and anyone; no previous wine tasting experience is necessary. Our wine courses and wine tastings focus on learning about wine in a relaxed and informal environment.
- Learn about wine in a friendly and social environment
- Taste a wide range of wines side by side so that you can taste the difference
- Receive impartial advice on other wines you might like to try
- Learn how to match wine with food
If you know what wine you like, but want to find about just a little more about why, then our courses show you how you can pick new wines from restaurant wine lists and supermarket shelves with confidence. It's all about squeezing a drop more enjoyment out of your wine drinking! We are not affiliated to any wine sellers: which means we can source our wine wherever we please, from a plethora of local merchants, supermarkets or national wine specialists, and offer you impartial recommendations and advice. We will not try and sell you wine, we specialise in having a great time tasting wine!
Did you know we also run professional WSET courses for committed enthusiasts and budding wine professionals alike? The head of the Local Wine School network, Chris Powell has been named as the WSET's Riedel Educator of the Year 2015 in recognition of the work he has done using the network to deliver WSET courses around the country. So we believe you are in the best hands when you come and study with us! To celebrate this superb achievement, Local Wine Schools and wine tour specialists Arblaster and Clarke are offering one very special WSET student the chance to win the trip of a lifetime....
Our national network of friendly Wine Schools offer wine courses & tastings at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Our Tastings and Courses
Venue, Times & Accessibility
Our Leeds wine tastings and courses are held at the Radisson Blu Hotel, The Headrow (LS1 8TL), close to the financial district of central Leeds. The White Rose Suite, a beautiful, wood-panelled, private meeting space near the top of the hotel, usually provides an atmospheric backdrop to our classes (please note, due to differing hotel availability other rooms are used from time to time). From Leeds train station simply walk north up Park Row and you will find the Radisson Blu on the junction with The Headrow, within The Light complex. The tastings run from 7pm to 9pm for the evening courses and from 11am to 4pm for our Saturday courses.
Please see our Venue Page for further details
Our venue in York is the elegant Hotel du Vin (YO24 1AX) on The Mount; from here we regularly run our popular Saturday courses, (11 am-4 pm) which includes a two course lunch at the hotel's award winning bistro and a glass of Champagne on arrival. This course makes a really special present and is available as a gift voucher- perfect for the wine lover in your life! We now also host a range of midweek evening courses in York. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk from the train station and easily accessible from the historic city centre of York, limited parking is available, for free, in the hotel car park.
Accreditations and Awards
Yorkshire Wine School is a registered Approved Programme Provider for WSET Qualifications
Head Tutor Laura Kent is an Associate Member of the Institute of Wine and Spirits.
In 2012, the Local Wine School Network appeared as national finalists for both Harpers Educating The Public Award and The International Wine Challenge's Wine Educator of the Year.
Not sure which course to select? Got a general enquiry about wine tastings or Yorkshire Wine School? Call me on 07888688767 or 01133 350545 or send a note via the Contact Us page.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN YORKSHIRE!
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY & NO EXPIRY DATE. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Tun Wells & Wine Courses Brighton/Tun Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting CANADA - coming soon!