8 Week Intro Wine Course £105 LEEDS
The 8-week World of Wine Course is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is structured for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by your own experience of tasting the different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
We also hold the 8-week World of Wine Course in Sheffield: Click Here For Details
This 8-week Course can also be purchased as a great gift idea- perfect for birthdays and special anniversaries!
'I've been feeling like something's missing from my life on Tuesdays since the course ended!' (Rio, 8-Week Course Attendee, April 2012)
'I just wanted to send you a quick email to thank you for the 8 week course in Leeds. I loved every evening and thought you pitched the class and just the right level, it was brilliant. Reckon a few friends / family members will be attending a class in the not to distant future, I get bombarded with questions every time we meet up.' (David, 8-Week Course Attendee, July 2012)
'I just wanted to say thank you so much for the 8 week course I attended earlier this year. It was a lot of fun, and I clearly talked a lot about it as my wife has now bought me the 4 week French course, so I will be seeing you again soon!' (Grant, 8-Week Course Attendee, Sept 2012)
- Taste at least 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £5 and £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week 1: France (Bordeaux, Rhone and S. of France)
- Week 2: Australia and New Zealand
- Week 3: France (Burgundy and Loire)
- Week 4: Chile and Argentina
- Week 5: Italy, Spain and Portugal
- Week 6: USA and South Africa
- Week 7: Germany, Austria, Alsace and UK
- Week 8: Sparkling, Sweet and Fortified Wines
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics for yourself; we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional. We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself; that is exactly what you will have the chance to do, in our relaxed and informal setting.
Please Note: There is a charge for the cost of the wine (in addition to the £105 course fee) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost of the course is still under £23.50 per evening.
Join us on a 2 month jaunt across the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc as we go. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based,
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 28th Apr 2020 at 7pm - 9pm
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light