WSET Level 2 Award Spirits £355
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both drinks industry professionals and enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) Yorkshire Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
Note: upcoming dates can be found at the bottom of this page.
Who should consider studying for the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits?
1. The WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. It is especially suitable for those who are employed in pubs or bars which serve cocktails. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies
2. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study the fascinating and diverse world of spirits using a structured curriculum and formal assessment. It offers a fascinating opportunity for a drinks enthusiast to taste a range of different spirits side by side and learn about their production techniques
3. This course is a must for anyone who is seeking to develop a career within the drinks trade. The ever-expanding range of increasingly specialised spirits means that product knowledge and accredited qualifications are increasingly viewed as essential by perspective employers.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the book to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
- Spirits Tasting: Taste and describe spirits like a professional using the WSET Systematic Approach To Tasting for Spirits
- The Spirits Market: A guide to the global spirits industry and the key brands in the UK market such as Smirnoff, Jack Daniels and Baileys
- Spirits Production: Learn how different spirits are made and how the means of production affects the style of the final spirit produced
- Social Responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
- Fruit-based Spirits: Brandies (Cognac, Armagnac and Spanish Brandies), Other Grape-based Spirits (Grappa and Pisco), Other Fruit-based Spirits (Calvodos)
- Grain-based Spirits: Whiskies (Scottish, Irish, North Americana and Japanese), Vodka (International brands, Eastern European and Flavoured Vodka)
- Vegetable-based Spirits: Rum and Cachaca, Tequila and Mezcal
- Flavoured Spirits: Gin, Anise and other Flavoured Spirits
- Liqueurs: Fruit, Herb, Nut/Seed/Kernel and Cream Liqueurs
- Number of Spirits Tasted: Between 20 and 25 Spirits and at least 3 Liqueurs will be tasted as part of this course
- Study Materials: Students will be sent a study pack as part of their course which includes a comprehensive textbook, study guide and SAT tasting card, paper copies of all electronic presentations will also be included
- Course Specification: It is reccomended that all students familiarise themselves with the course specification, which can be viewed here
- Duration of the Course: The course will be taught over two consecutive Sundays, between 10.30 am and 6 pm with the exam taking place a week after the second lesson. This course includes 12 hours of teaching time, it is reccomended that a further 14 hours of private study is completed by all students
- Examination: WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Exam, 50 multiple choice questions to be completed in 1 hour with 55% required for a Pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with an official WSET Certificate and lapel pin
Course Tutor: Laura Kent
Laura is an registered WSET Educator, she has completed all the levels of the WSET programme including the WSET Diploma in Wine and Spirits (Level 4) in 2011. She has extensive experience within the drinks industry as a retailer and as part of various restaurant and bar management teams which she brings to many aspects of delivering these professional qualifications.
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Spirits. It is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 17th Feb 2018 at 10am-6pm
Venue: Ham & Friends, 7 Merrion St, Leeds