WINE FAIR - Meet the Merchants 2017
Please note - you can only buy tickets for this event direct through Leeds Indie Food.
The great wine event of Yorkshire! For all you wine lovers, join Yorkshire Wine School on Sunday, May 28th for our annual sell-out ‘Meet the Merchants’ Wine Fair. Held in the iconic Leeds Corn Exchange, you will be armed with a glass and surrounded by a huge selection of wine to taste from the best of Yorkshire’s independent wine merchants.
The merchants will be happy to talk you through their offerings, helping you find your new favourite bottle. Come ready to pair your wine with cheese, charcutierie and chocolate. Sweet mama! We can’t imagine a more heavenly Sunday! In collaboration with Leeds Indie Food, this is the finale event to round off the festival.
As our own customers know, Yorkshire Wine School doesn't sell wine- we are an independent wine event and education business. But, at this event, as it is a showcase for some of our favourite wine merchants, we are offering them the opportunity to sell their wines on the day, should you wish to take any away, or collect orders from you if you wish to purchase a larger amount wines. There is no charge for the tasting of the wines, apart from the general admission ticket price itself.
Please Note that as this is a walkaround wine fair there will not be seating available for people at the event.
Who Is It?
The event is organised by Yorkshire Wine School, and we will be there to meet and greet everyone who attends and also to tell everyone a little more about our own tastings and courses, including WSET events. The line up of independent wine merchants who are already signed up is very exciting, and indeed growing! Here's who is confirmed to appear on the day so far:
- Latitude Wines (Leeds)
- Martinez Wines (Ilkley)
- Basco (North Yorkshire specialist Spanish food and wine importer- formerly known as Greys Fine Foods)
- Ham and Friends (Coming Soon to Leeds, a specialist wine and deli shop from the Friends of Ham team)
- Buon Vino (North Yorkshire Natural Wine specialists)
- Ake and Humphris (Harrogate, Ripon and Collingham)
- Alpine Wines (Specialists in wines from the Alpine region including Switzerland and Austria)
- Wino (Wine bar and shop in Leeds)
- The Champagne Concept (Harrogate Champagne merchant and bar specialising in Grower Champagnes)
- Cheese plates available to purchase from George and Joseph
- Charcuterie from The Reliance
- Chocolate from Bullion Chocolate
When Is It?
Sunday, May 28th 2017.
Where Is It?
We'll be holding the Wine Fair at the iconic Leeds Corn Exchange, Call Lane, LS1 7BR .
Tickets are priced at only £20/each (£18 for LIF passport holders), so book quickly to ensure you bag a place on one of the most exciting wine collaborations of the year!
Book tickets here!
This link will direct you to Leeds Indie Food - tickets are only available direct from LIF