Covid 19 Policy at Wine School
Yorkshire Wine School COVID 19 Policy
In line with the reopening of schools nationwide, we've been working hard to make our events COVID-secure in order to resume our 'in real life' wine tastings and courses. All the venues we host events with have been registered as COVID-secure; we'll be working closely with them to fit within their framework and further augment these policies with our own additional safety measures.
Within our venues we ask you to please observe the following:
- Sanitise your hands upon entering the venue at the stations provided
- Scan the NHS Track and Trace QR code upon entry to the venue where available/if you are able to (alternatively, you'll be able to leave your Track and Trace details with us manually if you prefer)
- Observe all one-way systems in place in the communal areas of the venue
- Wear your mask as you enter and leave our venue; don't worry- you don't need to wear it whilst you are at our tasting!
- Please stay in your seat during our tasting, only leave your seat to go to the toilet
Whilst you are at our tastings you can expect the following from us:
- If needed, you'll be able to leave your details for Track and Trace with us
- Additional hand sanitiser will be available on each table at our tasting
- Our tables will be carefully socially distanced and in some cases may be restricted to one table per household; for bookings of 3, 4 or 5 ppl we'll get in touch and work with you to advise on how we can best accomodate you
- Your Wine School Tutor will observe a scrupulous hand sanitiser regime when laying glasses/cheese etc at your table
- As much wine as possible will be poured before the start of the evening
- Where your Tutor needs to pour wine for you during the tasting they will wear a face mask at all times when approaching the tables
- Handouts/notes will be available both electronically or as physical print-outs, whichever you feel happier with
- Our evening tastings typically run from 7pm-9pm, we sometimes get a bit carried away and run til 9.15pm (!!), but you'll always be finished comfortably inside the general night-time closure time of 10pm
- These are stressful and uncertain times, but we are confident that our tastings are extremely safe, your comfort and peace of mind is our first priority
- Our second priority is ensuring that your tasting or course is as fun and relaxed as possible; nothing is better than being transported to a far away land via the incredible medium of wine!
Whilst we remain very mindful of continually changing government advice, we are commited to work to our own safety practices which are above and beyond the minimum that is required of us. Wine School will be a bit different for a while but we pledge to keep you safe, whilst working hard to create the same fun, informal and friendly atmosphere which made Yorkshire Wine School such a success in the first place.
We can't wait to welcome you back, we've missed you all and we've missed Wine School :)
Laura and team YWS