WSET Level 2 Award in Wine & Spirits (LEEDS): 3-Day Course
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award (formerly known as the Intermediate Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way by gaining this internationally recognised qualification. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 9th June 2017
Saturday Courses- Who are they designed for?
- We run Saturday Courses for those who work through the week and don't wish to use holiday time to attend the course
- Saturday daytimes can still be convenient for those in the restaurant or bar industry, as you will be finished by 5.00pm at the latest each day and could be available to work through the busy evening service
- The course leaves you free to relax (or study!) on Sundays, ready to start work on Monday morning again
This course runs from 10 am to 5 pm on consecutive Saturdays- 24th June, 1st and 8th July 2017
The exam will take place at the end of the final session and lasts for 1 hour
In addition to the 16 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete around 12 hours of private study in their own time
The Course Specification can be viewed here if you wish to review it before booking
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 28-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: your full study pack will be sent to you a week or so before the course begins, for this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Friday 9th June 2017. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
A full VAT receipt can be supplied if required.
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 24th Jun 2017 at 10am-5pm
Duration: 7 Hours (3 Sessions)
Venue: Ham & Friends, Grand Arcade, Leeds