8 Week Introductory Wonderful World of Wine Course (LEEDS)
Join us on a 2 month jaunt across the globe as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc as we go. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you! This course makes an ideal Christmas present for the budding wine enthusiast in your life and can be purchased as a gift voucher. Simply book your place in the usual way and then click on 'send me a gift voucher' on the confirmation email.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 Evenings :
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess, & taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 Evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (Tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Please Note: Course Fee excludes cost of wine, food and materials which are priced at £10 per evening, payable on the night.
WHEN DOES THE COURSE RUN?
This course runs on 8 consectutive Tuesdays commencing with France (Bordeaux, Rhone Valley and South of France) on Tues 16th October and finishing with Sweet Wines and Sparkling Wines on Tues 4th December. Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing at 9pm.
WHERE IS THE COURSE HELD?
Our 8 week course will be hosted at the lovely Radisson Blu in the Light which boasts a lovely bar and restaurant area, and the rooms we use are accesible by lift.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Tue 16th Oct 2018 at 7pm-9pm
Duration: 2 hours per week
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light