WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits (LEEDS): 3-Day Course
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award (formerly known as the Intermediate Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way by gaining this internationally recognised qualification. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 28th April 2017 to ensure all students receive their study materials in advance of the start of the course, with time to familiarise themselves with the course specification. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for
- We run Saturday Courses for those who work through the week and don't wish to use holiday time to attend the course
- For those in the restaurant or bar jobs, it may still be possible to fit this course in- we are finished by 5pm every day leaving you time to start an evening shift if required.
- The course leaves you free to enjoy the rest of your weekend- relax (or perhaps do some studying!) on the Sunday before starting work again on Monday.
This course runs from 10 am to 5 pm (approx) on consecutive Saturdays 13th, 20th and 27th of May 2017
The exam will take place at the end of the final session and lasts for 1 hour
In addition to the 16 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete around 12 hours of private study in their own time
A link to the Course Specification will be sent to you before the course, but can also be viewed here if you wish to review it before booking
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 28-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: your full study pack will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Friday 28th April 2017. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should email the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware as early as possible if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
A VAT receipt can be supplied if required.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Sat 13th May 2017 at 10am-5pm
Duration: 7 hours (3 sessions)
Venue: Ham & Friends, Grand Arcade, Leeds