WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits (LEEDS): 2-Day Course
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Spirits. It is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in spirits, cocktails and drinks in general, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way by gaining this internationally recognised qualification. WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 3rd April 2020 to ensure all students receive their study materials in advance of the start of the course, with time to familiarise themselves with the course specification. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
Saturday Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run Saturday Courses for those who work through the week and don't wish to use holiday time to attend the course
- Saturday daytimes are can still be convenient for those in the restaurant, bar or retail industries as we are finished by 5pm in time to start an evening shift
- By holding the examination on a seperate Saturday from your taught class time, you still have an extra week to study in your own time
This course runs from 10am to 5pm on consecutive Saturdays: 18th & 25th April 2020, with the examination being held at 10am on Saturday 30th June 2018
The exam will take place on Saturday 25th April during the final session.
In addition to the 12 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete around 14 hours of private study in their own time
A copy of the Course Specification can be viewed here prior to making your booking, should you wish to see what will be covered in your course
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; comprehensive textbook, study guide and tasting card as well as paper copies of all the tecahing materials used in lessons
- All tasting spirits (between 20 and 25 samples plus at least 3 liqueurs)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: your full study pack will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Friday 3rd April 2020. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Sat 18th Apr 2020 at 10am-5pm
Duration: 7 hours (2 Sessions)
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light.