Fine Ports and Cheese (Leeds)
A dream night for all you Port lovers! A tasting devoted to this wintery warmer and the chance to sup it alongside some delicious cheeses from local specialist, and fellow Leeds Food and Drink Association member, George and Joseph. A perfect evening in our eyes!
The emphasis of our tasting will be on exploring a range of different cheeses including from crumbly, nutty cheddar to soft and salty blues and matching them to different styles of Port. Many people enjoy a tipple of Port (usually a Ruby or LBV) style in the winter, but we want you to taste the full range of flavours that this quintessentially British drink has to offer. We will enjoy:
- a light and fruity Ruby Port
- a soft and smooth Late Bottle Vintage Port
- a nutty and caramel-like Aged Tawny Port
- a Single Quinta Vintage Port a rare treat from a single vineyard site
- a Vintage Port- over 30 years old, beautifully aged and complex
- and finally a New World Port look-a-like to see how they compare
Alongside some beautiful cheeses there will be chocolate and dried fruit with nuts to see how other foods can work beautifully with this versatile drink.
Many of the Ports are hard to find outside of specialist wine merchants and often exceptionally expensive, so if you would like the chance to taste them all side by side then book quickly!
Places are strictly limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Thu 6th Dec 2018 at 7pm-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light