Cheese and Wine Tasting Part 2 (Winter): Red Wine and Cheese (Sheffield)
Welcome to part 2 of our seasonal series looking at pairing cheese and wine! Up next, we'll be feeling all wintery with a tasting featuring red wines and cheeses...
For many people this is the perfect match, rich robust red wines and strong salty cheese. We'll be featuring some classic European red wines which, when tasted on their own, can seen drying and chewy. Pair them with some suitably tangy cheese and they transform, becoming suddenly soft, smooth and fruity: it's like wine alchemy! So, what can you expect to be enjoying tonight? We like to mix it up with a range of everyone's favourite reds to enjoy in the winter months, plus a few wildcard choices which you might not have enjoyed before. Some favourites in the past have included...
- Red Bordeaux- The Englishman's traditional choice with cheese!
- Chianti Classico
- Rioja Reserva
- Chilean Caberent Sauvignon
We'll be selecting our cheese from local specialists who can recommend carefully prepared artisan cheeses which will bring our wines to life, expect to see terrific examples such as...
- Dale End Cheddar (tangy and nutty, a North Yorkshire delight!)
- Grana Padano (one of the world's oldest hard cheeses from Italy)
- Old Winchester (made a bit like Parmesan, but possibly even better!)
- Kileen (mature goats gouda, savoury and deep)
And much more...
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Thu 21st Nov 2019 at 7pm-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel Novotel, 50 Arundel Gate