Introduction to Wine Evening (Sheffield)
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Yorkshire Wine School in just one evening then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. It might even start you on a journey of vinious discovery! If you know what you like, but want to understand why - then this evening is for you. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers which will enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learnt:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
All tastings include; minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, tasting sheet, use of professional tastings glasses and nibbles.
This tasting is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great gift - if you would like a Gift Voucher with the details of this evening printed on, then just use the 'Send Me a Gift Voucher' link in the confirmation email that you'll receive once you've booked the places. You can also buy an open Gift Voucher for just £25, to allow the recipient to select their own date (within two years of purchase).
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Thu 21st Jan 2021 at 7pm-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel Novotel, 50 Arundel Gate