BPET PRO Beer Sommelier Preparation - Level 1
Our industry-leading professional-level beer courses have been designed & developed with Master Cicerone® Rich Higgins, Master Cicerone® Mirella Amato, and Advanced Cicerone® Jonny Tyson.
This Level 1 course wil provide you a point of difference when applying for jobs involving craft beers, and a thorough understanding of the myriad of different beer styles, their tastes & aromas, and how they combine with different foods.
Participants in the course wil be equiped with a career-start in the exciting, rapidly-growing craft beer industry, and will be prepared for the coveted Cicerone® Certified Beer Server Exam. The price of the exam is INCLUDED in the Course Fee.
The course runs for 2 full days from 930 am to 530pm - with the 1-hour / 60 multiple-choice completed online in your own time, after the course. In additon to the course, your booking includes a day brewing at North Brewery to see how they create the beers you enjoy in North Bar and around the city.
The course dates are 2 consecutive Mondays 18th + 25th Sept 2017, with the Brew Day on Tues 19th Sept The Certified Beer Server exam is a timed 60-question multiple choice exam, administered online. A grade of 75% is required to pass, candidates must also pass a short quiz about the Cicerone program.
During the course you will:
- Learn about the wonderful world of Craft beer – including the different types of hops, malts, styles and flavours
- Taste a wide range of local & international beers
- Learn to taste & evaluate beer like a professional
- Learn how to match beer with food
- Be fully prepared for the Cicerone Certified Beer Server Exam by our world-leading tutors
- Get a benchmark world-renowned Cicerone qualification if you pass
- Have the opportunity to spend a day brewing with the team from North Brew Co.
On top of all this, the course is a perfect opportunity to meet and network with fellow beer professionals and enthusiasts.
- 2 full days - Tutored tasting of 22-25 styles of local & International beers
- 1 day brewing at North Brewery
- BPET L1 Pro Beer Sommelier Course Manual - Full colour 125-page
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server Exam - to be completed online
Please Note : These courses are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Cicerone Certification Program.
The course is also essential learning before embarking on the higher Level 2 Course - intended to prepare you for the Certified Cicerone® Exam - coming in Autumn 2017 - email for further details incl dates, prices and specification.
The number of breweries and the range of beers available in the UK has never been more exciting - so why not make the most of this opportunity - and get qualified!
Places remaining: 19
Course Date/Time: Mon 18th Sep 2017 at 0930 to 1730 x 2 day
Duration: 8 hrs x 2 days (plus
Venue: Cross Keys Pub, Water Lane, Leeds, LS11 5WD