Saturday France Vs New World Tasting with Lunch (Leeds)
Join us at our BRAND NEW Saturday venue in the luxurious surroundings of Stockdales of Yorkshire where we will enjoy a day's wine tasting downstairs next to the open kitchen of the restaurant. As with all of our Saturday courses your day will include a two course lunch to break up the tasting and we can't wait to taste the delicious treats served up to us by the team at Stockdales!
Our tasting will feature wines tasted in pairs e.g.
- Champagne vs New World Fizz
- Vouvray vs South African Chenin Blanc
- Red Bordeaux ('Claret') vs Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cotes du Rhone vs Mclaren Vale Grenache
We always find this kind of comparative tasting highlights the differences for people in a very immediate and understandable way- it's the best kind of learning there is! Your WSET-qualified wine tutor will be on hand to explain these differences and give you more confidence in selecting wines for yourself in the future- by helping you to understand your own preferences. Areas which we'll be teaching about include:
- How to taste wine like a pro (we'll make sure everyone is equipped with some tasting technique before we begin)
- How wine is influenced by the growing conditions of the vines (i.e. why the same grape variety tastes different in different parts of the world)
- Which wines are likely to better suited to food and wine pairing
- How and why are wines labelled differently in France vs The New World?
We'll finish our day with a pair tasted blind- just to demonstrate how much you've learnt!
This wine tasting day is fabulous fun for wine beginners and more seasoned enthusiasts alike, comparing and contrasting wines to learn a little more about your own tastes. Not only will you taste 12 high quality wines including Champagne, as part of your day, but there is also a delicious two course lunch prepared by the Stockdales of Yorkshire for you to enjoy!
We also run this popular course at Hotel du Vin in both Harrogate and York and the Local Wine School Network hosts these days at many venues up and down the country. These Saturdays make the perfect gift for the wine lover in your life, just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher after you have made your booking using the option in the confirmation email. We also sell Open Gift Vouchers with no expiry date, which allow the recipient to select their perfect date and location (from any in the Local Wine School Network).
We're sure these Courses will be more popular than ever at our new home with a wine bar and shop, restaurant and cheese room all on site, where would you rather be on a Saturday?! Book quickly to grab your spot!
Places remaining: 22
Course Date/Time: Sat 24th Oct 2020 at 11 am - 5 pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Stockdales, 8 South Parade.