WSET L2 Award in Wines and Spirits Condensed Course £335
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award (formerly known as the Intermediate Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way by gaining this internationally recognised qualification. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 8th Dec 2017, we will send you your study pack before Christmas, to ensure that you have enough time to complete the 12 hours required reading before the course starts.
Condensed Courses- Who are they designed for?
- We run Condensed Courses over 3 consecutive days for those who find that their ever changing work timetable means it is difficult to commit to the same day for 3 weeks in a row.
- We run Condensed Courses for people who need or want to complete the WSET L2 Award, but who feel that a course spread over three weeks is difficult to fit in to their busy lives.
- Studying the course in this way does put more emphasis on students' own personal study time. WSET recommend that L2 students complete 12 hours of personal study in addition to the teaching time of the course. The Condensed Course therefore suits people who are self motivated and happy to study with less ongoing guidence from a tutor.
- To help facilitate students personal stduy time, we will send the whole study packs out to allow attendees prior to the Christmas break, in order to ensure that you have enough time to read the course materials and complete 12 hours of study before the course begins.
This course runs from 10am to 5pm on consecutive days - 8th, 9th, 10th of January 2018 (Mon-Wed Course)
The exam will take place at the end of the final session and lasts for 1 hour
In addition to the 16 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete at least 12 hours of private study in their own time
The Course Specification can be viewed here if you wish to review it before booking
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 28-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: WSET recommend that students complete at least 12 hours of personal study time in addition to the 16 hours of taught time which you receive as part of your course. This is usually completed inbetween lessons, but the condensed nature of this course format means students are expected to arrive for their first day of study with at least 10 hours reading already complete. In order to help with this, we will be posting full study pack to everyone enrolled on the course before the Christmas break. It is your responsibility to enusre that you complete your pre-course reading prior to attending your course.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
A full VAT receipt can be supplied if required.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Mon 8th Jan 2018 at 10am-5pm
Duration: 3x 7 hours
Venue: Ham & Friends, 7 Merrion St, Leeds