WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (Leeds) 7-Day Course (Mondays)
This in-depth and intensive course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines (formerly known as the Advance Certificate) and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who already have a good working understanding of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available, but who need to refine and develop their knowledge.
The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 15th May 2020 to ensure all students receive their study materials in advance of the start of the course, with time to familiarise themselves with the course specification. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
- We run Monday Courses for those who work at weekends and aren't able to take time away from busy restaurants, shops and bars.
- Monday courses work well for people who find they can't commit to three consecutive weekends; hobbies, family time and social commitments can often get in the way.
This WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is run over 7 consecutive Monday sessions running from 10am-5pm, with the exam being held on the morning of Monday 13th July 2020.
In addition to the 36 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time it is recomended that all students complete a total of around 50 hours of private study, we recommend 7 hours preparation before each session.
A full layout of the course timetable, incl wines to be tasted and page references to be studied at home each week, will be issued at the start of the course to help you plan your time.
Course Starts: Monday 1st June 2020
Course Finishes: Monday 13th July 2020
The final day is the exam itself, which runs over approximately 3 hours.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; 'Understanding wines: Explaining style and quality' course manual (comprehensive 200 page textbook), Study Guide and Full SAT Tasting Card
- Set of 6 ISO professional tasting glasses to keep
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts- copy of study timetable/planner incl records of each wine tasted, printed slides where relevant
- All course tuition
- Additional time in class for exam preparation including 2 fully marked mock tasting exams and weekly written exam technique sessions to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and Pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: your text book will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Friday 15th May 2020. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Please note, the price is inclusive of VAT @20%, a VAT receipt can be supplied on request.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sun 1st Mar 2020 at 10am-5pm
Duration: 7 weeks
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light