Cheese and Wine Tasting Part 2 (Autumn): Red Wine and Cheese (Leeds)
Welcome to our seasonal series looking at pairing cheese and wine! Up next, we'll be feeling all wintery with a tasting featuring red wines and cheeses...
For many people this is the perfect match, rich robust red wines and strong salty cheese. We'll be featuring some classic European red wines which, when tasted on their own, can seem drying and chewy. Pair them with some suitably tangy cheese and they transform, becoming suddenly soft, smooth and fruity: it's like wine alchemy! So, what can you expect to be enjoying tonight?
- Red Bordeaux- The Englishman's traditional choice with cheese!
- Chianti Classico
- Rioja Reserva
- Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon
We'll be selecting our cheese from local specialists who can recommend carefully prepared artisan cheeses which will bring our wines to life, expect to see
- Isle of Mull Cheddar (tangy and nutty)
- Grana Padano (one of the world's oldest hard cheeses from Italy)
- Manchego (terrific with a mature Rioja)
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 2nd Oct 2018 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light