French Wine Scholar (Saturdays)
The French Wine Scholar (FWS) study and certification program is geared for members of the wine trade and avid French wine enthusiasts. It is endorsed by the National French Wine Office and successful candidates are conferred the French Wine Scholar title (FWS) and encouraged to use the FWS post-nominal as part of their professional signatures. They will also receive the French Wine Scholar certificate and lapel pin.
- (Saturday 17th October) Day 1 Intro, Loire and Champagne
- Day 2 Alsace, Burgundy, Jura and Savoie
- Day 3 Beaujolais, The Rhone Valley, Provence and Corsica
- Day 4 Languedoc Rousillon, The South West and Bordeaux
- (Saturday 14th November) Day 5 Revision session and exam
The Fee of £675 includes:
- A 282-page comprehensive Study Manual
- 60+ key French wines from all regions including rare wines from Corsica, Jura, Savoie etc
- Food & wine matching activities with key regional foods
- Professional tuition by French Wine Society certified tutor
- Examination fees
- Use of Yorkshire Wine School ISO wine tasting glasses
- Access to the E-Learning Package (20 multimedia modules, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc)
- Internationally-recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass.
In the light of Covid-19, any bookings made during the lock down, textbooks will be sent right away so you can make use of the extra time studying.
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Sat 17th Oct 2020 at 10.30-5.30
Duration: 5 Saturdays
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light, Leeds