Online WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
SUN AFTERNOON COURSE. The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality. It lays the foundation for understanding wine, giving you confidence for food and wine pairing and an introduction to different wine styles.
The course is designed for people who prefer to learn in a fun, but structured and concentrated way, finishing with a short multiple choice exam. Level 1 is very suitable for:
- those interested in learning the basics out of personal interest
- anyone considering embarking on a professional career in the drinks industry.
What the course covers:
- basic skills and product knowledge required for service and retail of wine
- main types and styles of wine
- common wine grapes and their characteristics
- how to make food and wine pairings
- how to store and serve wine
- how to taste wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT)
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you book the course (read it by clicking here).
- online course format delivered over 3 consecutive Sunday afternoons
- Level 1 Award in Wines online covers the same syllabus as the classroom version and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
- includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x 2 hr sessions
- tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (see below)
- you receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
- you will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass.
The exam may be taken online at a date convenient to you or it can be taken at any of our Local Wine School locations, including Yorkshire Wine School, when we are able to offer classroom courses again.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Registration Deadline: Monday 9th November
- Sunday 15th November 2020 2pm to 4pm 1st online classroom session
- Sunday 22nd November 2020 2pm to 4pm 2nd online classroom session
- Sunday 29th November 2020 2pm to 4pm 3rd online classroom session
The course fee includes:
- Course study guide posted to you at no extra charge
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
- The exam itself.
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
It is recommended 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students - the price of the 6 bottle case is £57.83 including delivery.
Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sun 15th Nov 2020 at 2pm - 4pm
Duration: 2 hrs x 3 sessions