Online WSET L1 Award in Spirits
This qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service of spirits to help prepare a person for jobs in hospitality or in other sectors of the spirits industry. This course will also appeal to the interested spirits consumer.
You will gain a deeper understanding of Distillation, Vodka, Whisky, Gin, Liqueur, Cognac, Tequila and Rum and how they are made.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE, PLEASE BOOK BY 19th JULY 2020.
To book after this date please contact the wine school before booking to ensure we can accommodate you.
How will you benefit?
The aim of the course is to give a basic introduction into spirits including detail on how to market and serve them, how they are made and how to taste like a professional. We recommend that you purchase up to 8 spirits (available from justminiatures.co.uk) to support the course learning. This is recommended but not compulsory: it's also a lot of fun!
- Your course will be taught on Zoom
- From 10.30am and 1pm on Sundays 26th July and 2nd August
- You’ll be sent a link to the meeting in the days before the course starts.
- The Zoom sessions will be recorded so that if you have to miss a session you can catch up in your own time.
The exam can now be held remotely (online from your own home). The price of the remote exam is included in the cost of the course, however you will need to arrange the date of this exam with your wine school. 15 working days notice required. Yor exam will last 45 minutes and consist of 30 multiple choice questions; successful students will recieve a WSET certificate and badge.
· The main categories of spirits
· Learn all about Whisky, Gin, Rum, Cognac, Tequila, Vodka and Liqueurs! How are they made? Why are some so much more expensive than others?
· Process of distillation
· Factors affecting the flavour of spirit
· The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
· Service and sales of spirits
· To gain the knowledge students need to successfully pass a multiple choice paper of 30 questions
· To view the course specification click here
Spirits To Taste
We'll send you a list of recommended spirits to purchase in advance of the course, they can be ordered online from JustMiniatures.co.uk for less than £25 incl P&P. You are welcome to source your own samples to taste, but we recommend buying the same brands as Ruth, your course tutor, so you can taste along with her.
Places remaining: 15
Course Date/Time: Sun 26th Jul 2020 at 10:30am-1pm
Duration: 2.5 hrs x 2 sessions