WSET Level 3 Award in Wines 6-Day Condensed Course
This exciting and structured is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate/Level 2 Award. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting, your blind tasting skills will form part of the examinations. Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Monday 6th April 2020.
Condensed Courses- Who are they designed for?
- We run Condensed Courses over 6 days out of 10 for those people who find that their ever changing work timetable means it is difficult to commit to the same day for 7 weeks in a row.
- We run Condensed Courses for people who need or want to complete the WSET L3 Award, but who feel that a course spread over six weeks is difficult to fit in to their busy lives.
- Studying the course in this way does put more emphasis on students' own personal study time. WSET recommend that L3 students complete 56 hours of personal study in addition to the teaching time of the course.
- The Condensed Coursetherefore suits people who are self motivated and happy to study with less ongoing guidence from a tutor; the Wine School will post out full study packs for the course no later than Friday 10th April in order to ensure students have the time to complete the required hours of reading.
- Please ensure you have signed up no later than Monday 6th April 2020 so that you have the time to complete the required study.
This course runs from 10 am to 5 pm on 2x 3-day blocks; Friday/Saturday/Sunday 8th-10th May and 15th-17th May 2020.
The exam will take place on the afternoon of the final day and lasts for approx. 3 hours.
In addition to the 32 hours of teaching time, students are expected to complete at least 56 hours of private study in their own time
The Course Specification can be viewed here if you wish to review it before booking
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; Understanding Wines: Explaining Style and Quality Textbook, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-75 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
- Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: WSET recommend that students complete at least 56 hours of personal study time in addition to the 32 hours of taught time which you recieve as part of your course. This is usually completed inbetween lessons, but the condensed nature of this course format means students are expected to arrive for their first day of study having read the textbook at least twice from beginning to end- you will need to devote at least 48 hours of study to the course before it begins. In order to help with this, we will be posting full study pack to everyone enrolled on the course at regular intervals, and no later than Friday 12th April. It is your responsibility to ensure that you complete your pre-course reading prior to attending your course.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
A full VAT receipt can be supplied if required.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Fri 8th May 2020 at 10am-5pm each day
Duration: 6 Days
Venue: Radisson Blu, The Light